Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Father's heart

I was watching my son make something today,  he was crafting it very carefully making things look perfect.  He was making a peanut butter and honey sandwich   for lunch and he wanted to do it himself so I let him.  He put a lot more effort than I would have into it but he was careful he wanted this sandwich for himself.
This made me think about how carefully and perfectly out father is crafting us, making us for that perfect time when we can dwell together again.  God is not sparing in his attention to detail and he does not worry if he has to spend extra time on making us perfect.
We can all learn from this as fathers (ad mothers).  Let us never be in a rush to mature and train our children let us be fully aware that to perfect something takes time especially if we want it to turn out well.

Quentin Osborn  

1 comment:

  1. I like how you are a father so it allows you to have insights about God the father in a more personal way.
    P.S. Have you considered adding "Teach kids Greek before the age of thirteen." to your list? ^_^

    ReplyDelete